May 30, 2018
This one-day course, entitled Opioid Misuse Enforcement Training, examines the issues that surround the investigation and prosecution of opioid-related cases. The course is intended for both law enforcement officers and prosecutors.
The course will be held on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the State Bar of Georgia in their Auditorium. To note, refreshments and lunch will not be provided. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m., and we will start the program promptly at 9:00 a.m. Attorney General Carr will provide welcome remarks.
This training is being provided at no cost by the Georgia Office of the Attorney General through arrangements with the National Attorneys General Training and Research Institute (NAGTRI), the training and research arm of the National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG).
Topics to be covered include:
- State of the Opioid Crisis in Georgia
- Investigating Opioid Overdoses as Homicides
- Department of Justice Opioid Initiatives Update from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia
- Unintended Consequences of the Opioid Epidemic
- Medically Assisted Treatment
- Addiction Studies
To register for the training, click here.