2018 SHERIFFS’ SUMMER CONFERENCE
JULY 30 – AUGUST 1, 2018
- Sheriffs’ Summer Conference
- Schedule of Events
- Contact Us
- Final Training Details
The Sheriffs’ Summer conference features specialized training and information regarding best practices, procedures, and current concerns of law enforcement as they relate to the Office of Sheriff. Sheriffs’ learn and share vital information through one on one interaction and networking with fellow sheriffs. In addition to the classroom training sessions, vendors are also present to demonstrate cutting-edge products, technology and services. In addition, during the GSYH Dinner and GSA Banquet we take time to recognize a sheriff, deputies, citizens and the GSYH’s Youth of the Year during the awards ceremony.
The training site location is:
Lodging for Sheriffs
Reservations: Call 1-800-WESTIN-1 and request the Georgia Sheriffs’ Association group rate. The conference concludes Wednesday at 8 p.m. Make your reservations accordingly. LIMIT ONE ROOM PER COUNTY at the Westin. Additional rooming blocks are available at the Holiday Inn (912-635-2211) and the Days Inn & Suites (912-635-9800).
Check-in at the Westin is at 4 p.m.; check-out is at noon. You must present tax exempt forms at check-in. When paying with county funds, all taxes are exempt; when paying with personal funds, only lodging taxes are exempt.
Reservations Deadline: 5:00 p.m. on June 29, 2018. Reservations made after the deadline will return to the regular rate.
Lodging for Staff and Guests
Monday, July 30
- Conference registration begins at 10:00 a.m. in the Exhibit Hall (Ballroom EFGH).
- Committee meeting members are notified via email.
- Exhibits ~ 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Training ~ 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Ladies Auxiliary ~ 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Georgia Sheriffs’ Youth Homes Dinner ~ 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, July 31
- Breakfast in Exhibit Hall ~ 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Training ~ 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Wednesday, August 1
- Chaplain’s Prayer Breakfast ~ 7:30 a.m.
- Training ~ 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Georgia Sheriffs’ Association Banquet ~ 6:00 p.m.
|Training:||Tonia Welchemail@example.com||912.222.9099 or|
Visit this site after July 16 for final training details. Essential details may include a tentative agenda, training materials, registration/training times, or other important information.