News & Announcements
Georgia Sheriffs take a position on Medical Cannabis
The position of the GSA concerning marijuana and medical cannabis is as follows:
- OPPOSE the legalization of marijuana for all social, recreational or industrial purposes.
- OPPOSE the cultivation of marijuana for all purposes.
- SUPPORT the use of chemicals derived from cannabis for medical use for certain well defined serious health conditions.
- OPPOSE the medical delivery or application of chemicals derived from cannabis plants through smoking.
- OPPOSE legislative proposals where appropriate controls and security measures do not exist and where strict civil and criminal penalties are absent.
Georgia Sheriffs take a position on Body Worn Cameras
The position of the GSA is to aggressively OPPOSE any state mandate requiring that all sheriffs’ offices provide body worn cameras to all deputy sheriffs unless all costs related to the purchase and use of body worn cameras including the collection, storage and retrieval of video images is paid to each sheriff’s office through state funds appropriated specifically or such purpose.
***REGISTRATION HAS ENDED***March 5 - March 10
***REGISTRATION HAS ENDED***March 7 - March 10
***CLASS IS FULL***February 27 - March 11
***REGISTRATION HAS ENDED***March 22 - March 23
- March 20 - March 31
View Calendar of Training Events